WHAT CAUSES TOOTH EXTRACTION?
Tooth extraction is determined by a number of factors. These inclue:
- Irreversible damage or broken tooth. Extensive tooth decay also leads to tooth extraction
- Infection that cannot be mitigated through root canal treatment
- If a tooth is preventing the underlying tooth to grow
HOW ARE TEETH EXTRACTED?
- The dentist will take an x-ray of the tooth that requires extraction to know how to best extract it
- It also determines the sedative to be used
- The tooth is slowly extracted once the dentist administers sedative to you. It helps you relax and feel no pain
- The remaining tooth may be stitched up especially in the region of the wisdom tooth
- The dentist will give you a prescription to control pain and you are to follow the post-operative care procedure to the letter. Rinse the area and avoid chewing on it including eating hot foods